Okay - managed to find the time to size some images of the finished piece! This one was quite a lot of work - there is just so much fine texture to paint, and it takes a while to tie it all together... I'm pretty happy with the finished result though - it's quite close to what I set out to achieve.
I like the miniature so much better than the original (he's sitting in the display case on my desk) which I painted for the packaging over ten years ago. I converted the miniature a little - I just didn't like the placement of the bow across the left leg, it really ruins the line of the miniature. I cut the bow away from the quiver, re-built it, and positioned it behind the back. I think that works far better for the pose, adding to the flow and energy.
I wanted quite a fresh, spring-like palette of colours, but added some flesh tones into the skin to give some warmth.
This was my first Warhammer miniature for quite a while and I would love to paint some more - especially after seeing all the new Warriors of Chaos stuff...