Monday 19 April 2010

Abaddon


















Sorry for the lack of updates recently - things have been pretty full-on at Studio McVey lately. I thought I would share a recent commission piece (actually I painted it last year, but only just got round to sorting out the pictures). Abaddon is one of those classic GW miniatures which I've never painted before - it was interesting to paint, though it's always a bit of a struggle to cope with all that surface detail and reach a coherent look. I wanted the scheme to be quite muted and am happy with the results - though not the pictures, metallics are always difficult to photograph successfully.

In other news - we are running a little behind with orders at the moment. Isabella has proved to be really popular, and it's been difficult to keep up with demand. Production is going well though, and I certainly don't foresee the sort of delays we had with Kara (who we now have stock for - hurray!). I'm off down to see our resin caster today to pick up more stock, and see where we are with the new miniatures (yes I said miniatures). Once I know exactly where we are I will be announcing our plans for Salute - so check back tomorrow).

Cheers

mike

No comments: